Frequently asked question & organizing tips:
Where do I start?
Putting like things together in 10-15 minute increments to start. (Example: one drawer)
How do I make a decision?
How many piles do I make?
- One to keep
- One to throw away
- One for others to enjoy or donate
- One to recycle / for consignment / for yard sale
- One to put in a labeled box and revisit in one year (if needed)
What is the vision and purpose for the life and the home I want?
Continue to ask that question while going through possessions and/or when considering buying (even if on sale). How does it fit in?
How long do I have to keep records?
Please review the following website:www.personalorganizing.about.com
What records do I keep forever?
Diplomas, academic records, portfolio work, and adoption papers. Check with www.irs.gov for more information.
How do I stay organized?
Go through the mail and discard daily.
Remember your place for stuff and visit daily.
Reinforce organizing by handling items daily.
What are good organizing tools?
- smart phones
- rubber bands
- markers, labels, and adhesive chalk labels
- ever notes
- drawer dividers/clear containers/folders
- key racks/bulletin boards
Why get organized?
Less stress, guilt and better time management with a place for everything.