Organizing for your health
Your brain is an organ and a muscle that sucks up a huge amount of energy.
Our brains go through a natural cycle every 90 minutes according to the Organizational Dynamics publication, so pause and think relaxation. Go for a walk, talk to a friend, watch a funny YouTube clip or do 3 yoga poses.
Aren’t making decisions sometimes fatiguing?
What to wear?, What to cook?, Where to eat and How to schedule the week?
- Simplify to ease the required energy:
- Pick out outfits in advance instead of looking at individual pieces each day.
- Aim for good enough and just eat out closer to home.
- Make a few dishes on Sunday to have during the week.
- Make some activities into habits like go to the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday,
- Pay bills on the 15th of the month and have dinner out on Saturday.
- Limit options for shopping or travel by checking 2-3 search places that have been successful in the past and move on.
Are you guilty of multitasking?
This is also a big challenge for your brain.
- Focus on ONE activity at a time. If you need things done quickly set up 10-20 minutes for each one. You will get more done and conserve your energy.
- Don’t scroll through your social feed while your partner tells you about his or her day.
- Don’t talk on the phone while following a recipe or responding to a work email.
Have an energized and organized day!